New water supply for Murrurundi
The small town of Murrurundi was in dire straights due to prolonged drought. The current dams and bores had run out of water and could not supply the town anymore. Water had been trucked in from Scone on a daily basis.
Davidson Bros Electrical were engaged to equip a new bore on Murrurundi Creek which was used to help supply the town with water.
The job involved a 3 phase submersible pump, and water level monitoring equipment controlled with a programmable logic controller (PLC) so that the pump could supply the maximum amount of water available from the bore hole.
The system was set up on SCADA so the council had full control and was able to monitor flow rates and water levels.
The power supply needed to be upgraded. This involved a 450m underground power sub-main, from an existing transformer to the new bore hole site. As Davidson Bros staff are qualified as Level 2 ASP with Essential Energy (Authorised Service Provider) they were licensed to complete this Tier 2 Electrical connection.
- Baraba Water – Tamworth Regional Council
- Boral Contract Crushing
- Bore Testing
- British Aerospace Engineering (BAE)
- Design & Construct Motor sizing for output auger for grain silo
- Fitzroy St Redevelopment, Tamworth
- Gunnedah Shire – Curlewis Water
- Humes Security, Steam Controller & Concrete Batch Plant
- New water supply for Murrurundi
- Solar Pumping Hillville
- Solar PV Grid Connect
- Tamworth Container Packing Folder
- Tamworth Regional Council
- Tamworth Regional Livestock Exchange